PROGRAMDigital Banking Strategies and IT
The event consists of a fintech focused networking evening on Wednesday, and a digital banking seminar on Thursday. Ticket holders have full access to both days held at Valkoinen Sali.
Wednesday – Evening
16.00 Doors Open
17.00 Top Trending Technologies in Banking
Meet the disruptive financial technology experts. The evening is hosted by Tero Ojanperä, Silo.AI.
Christoffer Isaksen, LucaLabs
Giovanni Carnovale, OneSpan
Monika Liikamaa, Enfuce Financial Services
Kai Erlund, Dittmar & Indrenius
And many others
18.45 Finnish Fintech of the Year Award
19.00 Networking and drinks
Thursday – Morning
8.30 Registration and Breakfast
9.25 Opening Keynote: Delivering the Future Bank
Casper von Koskull, CEO of Nordea
10.00 Building an Ecosystem – Modern Day Alchemy?
All around the globe, managers are chasing this new way of turning lead into gold. Why so? What makes ecosystems so desirable? This speech discusses the differences between ecosystemic and network approaches and what makes an ecosystem hard to build? And, is it even possible to build?
Professor Marko Seppänen, Tampere University of Technology
10.20 Ecosystems, Platforms and Value Chains -panel
– Niche or all inclusive service portfolio?
– Together or alone?
– Data economy in the future of financial services
Monika Liikamaa, Co-Founder at Enfuce Financial Services
Leonard Coen, Team Lead Financial Institutions & Fintech at Wirecard
Jyrki Suokas, Senior Lead at Sitra
Jani Tyyni, Vice President at Klarna
Ilkka Lähteenmäki, Adjunct Professor, Aalto University, Hanken, Oulu University
11.00 Networking Break
11.30 Estonian Universal Bank Goes Nuts to the UK After Fintechs
The story about LHV which was founded as a brokerage company, but evolved into a fully licensed bank in 2009, right in the midst of the financial crisis. Now, almost 10 years in the midst of the Brexit, this bank has made another opportunistic step and opened a branch in the UK with the intention of getting closer to fintech customers. London is the European hub for startups and fintechs in particular. LHV already serves substantial amounts of fintech unicorns and intends to help growing new ones. How do connect Estonian based universal banking strategy with London based fintech servicing strategy?
Madis Toomsalu, CEO of LHV Group
12.00 Taking Technology to the Core of the Bank
– Megatrends driving technology focus in banking
– Finance industry is becoming a technology industry
– Open platforms are reshaping the business value creation
– Today’s mobiles first shifting towards tomorrow’s AI first
Juho Malmberg, Head of Service Development and Technologies, Member of the Executive Board at OP Financial Group
14.05 Digital Transformation of Nordic Wholesale Banking to Improve Customer Journeys
– Introduction to wholesale banking
– A recap on the digital transformation in wholesale customer service delivery so far
– Future wholesale banking: Outlook and expected trends:
– The digital innovations (platforms, interfaces, ecosystems) to build improved customer experiences in the future
– Examples of strategic responses: Improving customer journeys by for instance discovering the power of data and analytics and optimized operating model
– Partnerships and ecosystems in a Danske Bank perspective
Jakob Groot, Head of C&I, Member of the Executive Board at Danske Bank
14.30 The Tables Have Turned
Fintech is disrupting the financial industry and redefining the winning recipe. Bank Norwegian was born into a world that is free of legacy systems, heavy organizations or branches. Tine shares her perspectives on how consumer behavior and changing regulatory landscape will shape the industry.
Tine Wollebekk, CEO of Bank Norwegian
15.00 Networking Break
15.30 How Disruptive Technologies are Changing the Face of the FS Industry and the Communities That Work Within it
Kent will share a perspective on the future of financial services and the impact of ‘disruptive’ technology. Specifically, how the use of emerging technologies impacts the workforce and culture of an organization and the steps organizations are taking to embrace this change.
Kent Mackenzie, Partner, Global Head of Fintech & RegTech, Risk Advisory at Deloitte
16.00 Closing Keynote: Revolution in Digital Banking
– How is fintech changing the financial services industry
– Can neobanks really challenge traditional bank branches in every segment?
– How will the future look like?
Andrius Biceika, Head of Business Development at Revolut
16.30 Wrap-up, Networking and Drinks